Wills and Probate Perth

While most people understand the importance of having a valid will and other legal documentation that protects their estate and wishes, the hardest part is taking that initial step to put them in place.

We pride ourselves in making this process as stress free and as simple for you as possible. Our Perth lawyers will discuss your specific requirements to ensure you have peace of mind that your loved ones are provided for.



A will is as individual as you are and it is important to get it right to ensure that your estate is dealt with in accordance with your wishes.

Dying without a will or leaving an invalid will can result in delays in the administration of your estate and possibly additional costs.

Our lawyers take the time to understand your circumstances and wishes by requesting that you complete our comprehensive questionnaire. We can then give you a fee estimate and if accepted, we will commence preparing your will.

We will request additional information if required along the way and advise you on any matters that require your consideration.

When your Will is prepared we will ask that you attend our office to sign it. This will give you an opportunity to ask any questions about your Will and enable us to ensure it is properly executed.

Please click here to download our Will Questionnaire.

Power of Attorney

A Power of Attorney is a document that enables a person to be appointed to make financial and property decisions on your behalf. The appointment can be restricted to a specific dealing and/or be for a specific period of time.

Enduring Power of Attorney

A general power of attorney will cease to have effect when the donor or person who created the power of attorney loses mental capacity or the ability or make his/her own decisions. An Enduring Power of Attorney is a type of power of power of attorney that remains effective even if the donor loses legal capacity.

Enduring Power of Guardianship

An Enduring Power of Attorney does not extend to medical decisions.

We can assist you with an Enduring Power of Guardianship to appoint a person or persons to make decisions on your behalf regarding medical treatment.

Grant of Probate

To enable you to deal with a deceased person’s property you will require official evidence of your authority to do so. Probate is the process of legally recognising and registering a will. Without a grant of probate, Landgate, banks or other financial institutions and share registries may not allow you to take ownership of, sell, or otherwise deal with the deceased person’s assets including property, vehicles, shares and cash held in bank accounts. An application for a grant of probate must be made to the Supreme Court of Western Australia.

Letters of Administration

Letters of Administration are granted by the Supreme Court when a deceased person does not have a will. This allows an appropriate person, usually the beneficiary of the will, to deal with the deceased’s estate.

If a deceased person has not named an executor in their will or the executor is unwilling or unable to apply for a grant of probate, the Supreme Court may grant Letters of Administration with the Will Annexed.

These applications can be quite complex and can require some considerable input. We can assist you through the process.

Perth Wills and Probate Lawyers

Our lawyers can assist in preparing wills, making applications to the Supreme Court and can also provide advice and representations in disputed estate matters.


Level 6, 218 St Georges Terrace
Perth WA 6000
Ph: 08 9476 4499


Unit 8, 80 Grand Boulevard
Joondalup WA 6027
Ph: 08 9301 4422
Fax: 08 9301 1000


Suite 7, Level 2, 17 Stirling Street
Bunbury WA 6230
Ph: 08 9721 2022
Fax: 08 9792 5059

Useful Articles

Local Governments Win Indemnity for Costs of Rates Recovery 2.0

Local Governments are entitled to recover all of their reasonable costs incurred in rates recovery proceedings, the Court of Appeal...

Local Governments Win Indemnity for Costs of Rates Recovery

Please see updated article as of 18/08/2023 here.   The District Court has ruled Local Governments are entitled to be...

Can I contest a Will in WA?

In Western Australia, the challenging of a Will is regulated by the provisions of the Family Provision Act 1972 (WA)...